Blog Archive

Sunday, March 19, 2023

"Chaos in my Wake" by A.V. Shener

 



















"Chaos in my Wake" is a compelling well-written psychological thriller, with some very dark undertones, about grief, regrets, and bad choices.

The book follows Matt Evans, a man who has tangled with a loan shark named Jeff and is forced to cooperate with a mad scientist and undergo some odd experiments to pay him back. The plot thickens when Matt's old nemesis enters the picture and adds more pressure to the already full plate.

The book has many triggers (rape, psychological and physical abuse, sadism, violence), twists, and cringy moments and is not for the soft-hearted. Some scenes were too much for me. Still, I couldn't stop turning the pages to see what would happen next, which says something about the book. The characters are well-drawn and complex, even the bad guys. The protagonist moves from one bad choice to another. I was rooting for him and wanting to shake him for the majority of the time.

It was a page-turner and I flew through it. The suspense was always up high on the suspense-o-meter and made me bite my nails at some intense moments. To sum up, it is a great debut book and highly recommended for fans of the genre!

For more info about the book: Chaos in my Wake

No comments:

Post a Comment