Blog Archive

Monday, September 18, 2023

"Till Death Do Us Part" by Marley Quinn


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Till Death Do Us Part" by Marley Quinn is a gripping psychological thriller following Claire Johnson, a 37-year-old physical therapist, who is unhappily married to Jon, an accountant, from Vancouver.

One Sunday morning, Claire wakes up hungover without any recollection of what happened last night. She deflects her husband's probing inquiries with guarded answers and is not entirely honest with him. She has secrets to keep and a past that haunts her.

The plot thickens when a client of hers vanishes without a trace, and the police suspect foul play. As Claire is the last one to see him, she is under a cloud of suspicion. When some bloody items belonging to the victim are discovered near her office, she quickly becomes a "person of interest". Tension spirals as more and more evidence mounts against her. Claire struggles to prove her innocence and shows that she is being framed. Not an easy task when she doesn't remember that fateful night.

I loved the book and found it intriguing. The author guides us with sure hands through a twisted trail where truth and lies are entangled. It is a well-written tale of infidelity, betrayals, lies, and wrong choices. The story is written in the first-person perspective from the heroine's point of view. I appreciated the writing, the development of the characters, and the story itself.

The characters are realistic, and their internal conflicts make them even more believable. Up until the last part of the story, I didn't know what to think or whom to trust. I had my suspicions, but the author managed to mislead me. It isn't the edge-of-your-seat kind of book, but it still held my interest.

I appreciate it when a book demonstrates that life has situations where decisions aren't black-and-white, and a person's actions may not always make sense to others, even though I don't always agree with them. I didn't like the heroine and her weak excuses for her behavior. It takes two to tango, and while she wasn't entirely to blame for her failing marriage, it didn't excuse the poor choices she made. I have to say that although I didn't warm to her, I did root for her.

To sum up, this is a great book, and I definitely recommend it. The story was quite original and left me curious about what would happen next. It kept me excited and interested throughout the novel, and I look forward to seeing what Marley Quinn has up her sleeve next

* Thank you NetGalley and (publisher) for the opportunity to read this arc.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment